Black Hoodian


THERE WAS A KNOCK ON MY 13TH FLOOR WINDOW

“Goodbye Mom, goodbye Dad. Have fun .” My parents had gone out for some conference. I did not at all know where my brother was. Maybe hanging out with his friends or having a sleepover. God knows.  But now I was alone. I could do whatever I want.
So I grabbed a packet of Magi and started cooking. What I didn’t realize was that the smoke that comes from heating had risen up to the fire alarm which started ringing. Gosh, I knew there was going to be an interference like this because not only the fire alarm was ringing but also a guard came marching up to my house to check what happened.
Ting-tong,Tingggggg! “ Coming, coming” I shouted. I had only been waiting  for this.  As I opened the door I hoped that it was not the BMR guard.  The Big  Mean Rude guard. Ah man !
It was him. He troubled me and my friends a lot.  He snatched our stuff and ate our chocolates.  I hated him.  “What do you want” I shouted at him, opening the door fully. “ yer eelarm is ringing” He said.
“It is alarm”, I said courteously.
 “Whatever.Your eelarm  was ringing”. He replied rudely.
“ I was cooking Magi”. I tried to reason with him.
“Little pittle girls like you don’t cook”, BMR grumbled.
“But I do, anyways what do you know about children you big,fat baboon! I didn’t realize that I was sweating pretty badly. The BMR guard once hurt me and my brother very badly. Since then I had hated him more than ever.
“There is no fire”, I yelled at him and shut the door tightly.
I went into the kitchen and realized that the magi was cold by now. I put it for reheating. Ting-tong,Tingggggg!. This time I grabbed 5 eggs from the fridge and then went to open the door. ‘You’, I shouted at the BMR guard.
“Get out! I told you there is no fire”.
“Let me check”, he said.
“No you can’t come in”, I said  gritting my teeth.
“Let me in he said forcibly”, and started to step inside my house.
“Get out, get lost”, I screamed.
But it was of no use. So instead of screaming, yelling and shouting, I started throwing the eggs at the BMR.
“Stop”, he cried.
“No”, I said. Take that you doofus! Maniac, get out didn’t I tell you. Ha!
At the second egg the BMR turned and on the third one he ran waving his hands high in the air. I knew it. The BMR guard was only scared of eggs, brown eggs. He had a stupid belief that eggs were actually bombs in disguise. I know right who could be that stupid? I slyly grinned! I closed the door and locked it. As I heated my magi for the second time, I opened a packet of nacho chips and poured some orangeade in the glass.
I took my eating stuff in a tray and sat in front of the T.V. putting up my favorite movie and started eating. I was just watching when I heard a knock on the window, I didn’t care. I didn’t even care to turn in my bed and look at the window. Nah, I was busy eating and watching, snuggling in my bed in my cosy bedroom. I thought it was no use pausing everything and turning to see a single knock on a window, which can also be caused by wind. So that was it. I continued. My movie was finished shortly after the knock. I started reading my favorite book, ’Land of stories’. I was reading and came to the best part when the main character Alex comes in front of the evil enchantress Ezmia. Thoroughly enjoying the part I heard a knock. Another one, seriously! Two in a row. This time I turned to see and make sure it was the wind. Of course what else could it be. It was the wind. I could see the trees swaying. I was reading and eating nachos when I again heard a knock. This time I got up and leaned over the window sill. I was frustrated that three times there was a knock on my 13th floor window. I searched for clues and found one.
I saw a black mitten with a scary skeleton and written ‘live’. I gasped. A black mitten meant a sign of bad luck.
Yeah laugh if you want to, but believe, black mitten are as bad as being taught by a nincompoop.
I leaned forward and picked up the mitten. I couldn’t understand the meaning of live written on the mitten. I also felt that I had seen the mitten somewhere. Somewhere a multiple times . I sat thinking hard and then it struck me.  I took a piece of mirror and put it in front of the mitten . I again gasped, and can you guess what I saw.  I saw the word evil. I smelled the mitten like a dog sniffs things around with his nose.  I tried wearing the mitten and lo & behold the secret of who the mitten belonged to was revealed. It belonged to the BMR guard . I knew something was fishy about the mitten.  Lollies rolled out from the mitten . Those were the lollies that the BMR guard had snatched from us. Oh my! I cried. The BMR guard will kill me it seems, I groaned.I knew I had to think fast , very fast….. I shook the mitten hard to see if any thing else was in the mitten. There was! There was a yellow paper which was old and crinky. It was a note which said:
10 minutes you have,
And I will be there,
You would’t be able to defend yourself
I shall make sure.
Revenge shall finally be taken from those who do not  despair  
Your time starts now
You will regret your action and that’s a vow.
Seriously whoever had written this stupid poem needed to learn how to write. I did not understand the letter properly , but I knew  I had to hurry.  So I dialled my parents number  to warn them to come fast and stop the BMR guard.  Hello Darling, is everything fine, my mother’s voice came.  Listen mom you need to come fast because the…but before I could complete my sentence my mom’s boss came on the line and said in a low but gruff voice, stop disturbing and check the time. And  the phone was disconnected. Oh man! My parents were in deep trouble too. But before saving them, I need to save myself from  being a mashed potato. Or from being squeezed like a lemon when put in a lemonade.  So I quickly grabbed a buckle bag and started filling things for the chase. I put my brothers Nerf guns. I also took a satchel and filled it with thousand bullets. Thousand bullets and I MEAN IT. Not one more , not one less. As I was filling the bullets I thought to myself , my brother he is crazy about these stuff. After filling the bullets I took a catapult and put it in my bag, took stones and put it in my satchel. I checked the time. Five minutes were gone ,five minutes were  left . I hurried to another room and put the glove in my bag and the letter in my satchel. I would use them for proof.  Next I put a ball of rope. I ran to my balcony where the plants were kept . I took some dirt and put it in a zip pouch.I thanked my parents that they got a connected house. I put some marbles too. I picked up the watering can then checked the time again. One minute. 59 seconds , 58, 57 ….. 40 , 30 , 20 , 10 ……. 9 ,8 ,7 ,6 ,5 ,4 ,3 , 2 ,1 …….. huh ! I gasped .
Another knock came and a dark hooded creature appeared . Get out you  black hoodian I shouted . I too noticed that he was wearing the same mitten  written Live . I threw my can on him but it missed him. Next I threw my mother‘s favorite vase on him. Smasssh! I thought it would hit him hard, but instead he shielded it with his hand. I ran in the kitchen. At least the vase was delaying him a bit. Sorry mom I said in my mind. I took some tissues too from the kitchen. Then I took some marbles from my satchel. I put the marbles on the floor and covered it with the tissues. It looked like some trap. Afterwards I went in the store and hid . I took out my guns with the bullets and loaded my gun . Meantime I heard the BMR guard walking when he stepped on the marbles . AAAAH!  He cried his head hit the floor with a bang . I ran from the store room to the second kitchen(my house was big and confusing , don`t mind). I quickly boiled some water , took the pan and hid behind the door . It looked like I was playing hide and seek with someone. The BMR guard came soon after. I saw he was coming in a creepy way. As he approached closer I splashed the boiling bubbling water on him. I knew it would hurt him like a bomb blast but then the BMR should not have entered my house like this. I ran to the guest room and again I hid in the largest closet. The BMR followed me . he looked around in the room for me . When he reached the other side of the room I ran from the closet and started firing . But I realized that even he had weapons . He had greater larger powerful weapons. I thought I had seen the weapons somewhere. Why, I gasped the weapons belonged to my dear own brother. As I fired the bullets a thought struck me like a lightning bolt. I thought could it be him, could it be him? I ran shooting the bullets . I entered my parents’ room. I reached the side table taking a ball to throw when the BMR threw a decorative crystal ball on my hand . Ouch, I yelled. My hand yanked in pain . I opened the balcony door and locked myself inside. The BMR could not get inside anyway, but I could go outside without the BMR hurting me. I had dug a secret passage which led me to the the top room(my house had upper rooms too) I opened the door and climbed in. I started going in the passage. When I reached a bit further, I opened another door in the middle there. I took an apple and thought what to do next. I thought I would have to continue so I again went for the chase. When finally I reached the top I saw what I expected. I saw no invader. At last I could rest in peace! But not for long, because if the BMR won’t find me down he would march up but no sooner than I saw a dark headed creature coming. How did he come to know about the secret passage. Only my brother and me knew the secret passage. Again the idea struck me and I went pale. Could it be him? I thought again even if the BMR got to know the passage how on earth did he open the balcony door. I had locked it. Anyway I had no time to think as the hideous hoodian BMR was coming closer. I cut a rope and tied it on a bookshelf. Next I tied the rope on my waist. I then hid behind the door. As the BMR came in front of the bookshelf, I tugged on the rope. The bookshelf was light so it was easy for me to tug. The bookshelf fell on the BMR. I ran downstairs assuming that the BMR was dead. But I was wrong the BMR was saved by inches. You missed me silly brat. I froze the BMR voice was not gruff, not scary,not loud. No it wasn’t the BMR voice. Nobody could call me a brat. Nobody ever did. They all were scared if they called me a brat. All but my brother had the courage to call me a brat. Could it be him I whispered again.
This thought scared me. Anyway the BMR was coming down, I loaded my guns. The BMR came down and loaded his guns. The real fight had begun now. We started firing at each other. It was no more running, hiding just a direct fight. The BMR’s five bullets hit my left eye. Luckily it was around the eye. But I lost my balance and fell. The gun rolled from my hand far away. I thought I had lost the fight but I saw it was not over. I Grabbed a wooden plank resting near by and defended myself with it.I saw the BMR had ran out of bullets. Show yourself you stupid coward, I yelled, and he took his hood out.The face I saw was not the face I expected. The biggest fear of mine had come true. It was my brother. ‘You’, I shouted.
Yes me! My brother replied.
Why did you….a, why did you? I could not complete my sentence. I was stammering. My legs felt weak and I dropped to my knees.My effort was useless. I could not understand. All that vase,bookshelf. I stammered again, “that's how you could find the gun,and knew the secret passage”. That’s why you called me a brat. After all it had been you. You disgust me, I said. After all why did you play this mean trick on me. Well do you remember the time you fed me toothpaste filled Oreos or the time you hid all my books and I got a ZERO for my final exam? Do you, do you remember? My brother demanded. Okay I said you need to explain me how did you climb on 13th floor, the hurts, mom’s boss and blah,blah. But before that let’s wash our bruises. We both washed our hands and got the cream and bandage. We then carefully bandaged our hands. We got some snacks and sat down to discuss. Suddenly the door creaked open and my parents came in. ‘Darlings’, my mother said. ‘Sweethearts’, my dad said. Oh damn, was what me and my brother said. There was a big mess in the house. How to explain it to them. I glared at my brother and folded my arms. “Well”? Er…um…my brother squirmed in his seat. But that story is for another time, isn’t it?                                         



The End

Comments

  1. Shriyaaaaaaaa you are an awesome writer!!!!!!! I loved it. you can actually publish your poems and stories. BMR( hahahahaha).........keep it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

War

Mother Earth

Shards of Perfection